Re: Moz's description of meeting process
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:12:45 -0800 (PST)
Diana Leafe Christian said:
> Oh my gosh, Moz, the kind of meeting culture you describe below
> sounds awful. It sounds as if these community meetings don't have a
> skilled facilitator.

It was awful, probably still is. But I have left that group. A
subgroup were opposed to paying for either facilitation or
facilitation training for group members. They preferred to facilitate
meeting themselves.

Obviously that group is still trying to get a cohousing project
started, rather than being in cohousing.

I'm happy to do research on these things, which means that I have
learned an awful lot about facilitation and running meetings, but I'm
one of those awful "facilitators" who knows what should be done but
can't actually do it. Not that I would ever try facilitating a
difficult group, but even practice sessions were hard for me.

So thanks for the comments/suggestions, but knowing how to do it
better was not not the issue...

Moz