What is Process?
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:06:09 -0800 (PST)
RPD Wrote:"I certainly agree that there is a difference between process and
content.  And that the process you choose can influence or even pre-determine
the outcome.

But ...

Do you try to tailor your process to the issue at hand, inventing and adopting
new methods for each new controversy?" I offer that there are three principal
determinations to be made in any discussion:1. What are the facts? Do we know
the facts? Can they be ascertained? Who will collect and verify the factual
information?2. What are the values related to the issue? Who will state their
values?3. What are your opinions about these facts and values? Maybe that ends
up just being a restatement of the values? Maybe it's a discussion of whose
values are to be acknowledged as supportive of the vision of the community and
maybe it has to come to grips with the possibility that members actually hold
values that are contradictory to the presumed Vision of the Community?
 Thanks for writing,

TOM