Re: Searching for a cohousing community that is satisfied with how its workshare is working. We want to learn from you.
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:59:36 -0800 (PST)
          I think most of us at Swans Market are pretty satisfied with how the
work is getting done here.  At 13 years after move in it's going reasonably
smoothly.  We have workdays most months (not August or December because too
many folks have competing plans those months) with an organizer (different one
every month) who figures out what needs to be done and generally directs
things.  The maintenance Committee makes suggestions but so does anyone else
who's noticed something that needs doing. People are expected to participate in
at least 4 a year, minimum. Some people do more. Workdays are usually scheduled
at the beginning of the year and last for about 4 hours but sometimes people
sign up to do specific tasks at other times which are more convenient for them.
One task that occurs every time is preparation of lunch for the workers. So at
the end we sit down to eat together and discuss whatever we're thinking about
at that time. The organizer usually sends out a laudatory email afterwords to
the whole community listing what was done and who participated so even if you
are away you know what got done and by whom.  Our Committees function pretty
well also.
                           Bonnie Fergusson
     A happy member of Swans Market Cohousing
                            Oakland, CA
Sent from my iPad