20 yrs [ from Rob Sandelin 20yr ]
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 09:21:57 -0800 (PST)
Rob Sandelin <floriferous [at] msn.com>

Rob was subscribed to Cohousing-l from 1994 to 2010. He posted about 2000
messages in that time, most were answers to questions and such, sharing
his vast experience in intentional community and cohousing and group
functioning.  Rob, thank you for all you contributions.

Hello again. Been awhile. Watching cohousing grow over the years is somewhat
like a parent watching the growth and development of our children. There are
stages ranging from endearing innocence, awkward early relationship
experiences, an occasional experiment going awry and in the end, what you
hope for, is a satisfied happy existence. Cohousing is the foundation and
background of my personal security and happiness and as I enter into the
stage of life where the days ahead are much shorter than the days behind, I
look back with a great deal of satisfaction at what we have created. To just
live is not enough, and in creating communities of cooperation we are living
bigger, more important lives than we would otherwise. My hope for the future
is that the status quo will evolve such that people will actively reassemble
into the tribes they so desperately need. We need people around us, to learn
from, to teach, to care for and be nurtured by. Cohousing gives us back the
tribes we need, and even when the work is hard, it's the good work, and very
much worth doing.

Rob Sandelin
Naturalist, Writer, Teacher
Sharingwood Community member since 1990