Community name and re-sales: Impact?
From: Marcia Fein (marciafeinpacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:18:18 -0800 (PST)
We are discussing our community name. Some of our members feel that having the
word "cohousing " in our name may slow, deter, dampen, lower property values
for, resales. Others believe that it is a good way to attract new members that
are truly here for community rather than for real estate/a place to live.
1. Have you had this discussion? What has been your experience?
2. Is "cohousing" in your name? Has it affected your community positively?
negatively?
3. Has your community name affected the sustainability of your community
and/or its culture over time?
Please share you thoughts with us, and let us know your where you live. Thank
you!
Marcia Fein, Mountain View Cohousing Community (maybe soon Mountain View
Commons), SF Bay Area, CA.