Re: Community name and re-sales: Impact?
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:20:27 -0800 (PST)
We have an instance in play right now where our condo, because of the cohousing
name, is not being certified by FHA. Therefore, this disallows it to be
eligible for reverse mortgages. At least that is the current way things stand.

I would suggest "commons" or some such as replacement. What you call yourselves
in your marketing can have "cohousing" on it, as long as your condo documents
do not. I think the cohousing will shine through in many other ways no matter
what you call it.

Mariana Almeida
Berkeley, CA