Cantines Cohousing (NY) has room for new members!
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 11:19:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Cantines Island is an established CoHousing Community.  We are located on
waterfront property in the gorgeous Hudson Valley,  100 miles from NYC,
Woodstock is our neighbor to the West.   We have a boathouse, community
gardens,  and are wonderfully situated on the Esopus River, around the corner
from the Hudson River.  It is a truly beautiful area.

We are a community of 18 households,  and very happily have a wide range of
ages-- including two new babies.   We have a wonderful CommonHouse, and
schedule meals three times a week,  as well as parties, celebrations, and, yes,
meetings.

For a variety of reasons-- eg, losing a job, and moving to the site of the new
job,  buying the only contiguous property in order to preserve it for a new
member household,
we have room for new folks.  Please feel free to circulate this information.

Watching the River flow-- but I better get ready to leave for our Framers
Market,

Ruth

Homes/Lots for Sale at Cantine’s Island

Homes:

1) Beautifully-appointed, 3 bedroom house, 2 1/2 baths, steam shower, finished
basement with guest room, deck, shed and gardens, lots of closets and storage
space.  Asking $325,000.

2)   3 bedroom house, 2 baths, nearly finished basement, central heat and air,
wood stove and large deck.  Asking $250,000.

Lots:

 3) Lot owned by the homeowners association at the corner of East Bridge and
Ann Street Extension. Utilities are in place. Lot is approx. ¼ of an acre.
Community keeps easement for parking. $21,000 for the land plus membership fee.
  This lot is flat and readily build-able;  a small kit house could go here,
and a wonderful home had that would be relatively affordable.

 4) Subdivided lot owned by a member of the community. $50,000 OBO plus
membership fee.

Feel free to contact me, Ruth Hirsch: Ruth Hirsch <heidinys [at] earthlink.net>
or
Doug Engel: Bohacks <DENGEL1 [at] hvc.rr.com>