Re: Reserve study recommendation? Bay Area
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 05:03:14 -0800 (PST)
Hello all -- In re:  Reserve Study.

I could be wrong but ... I believe this needs to be a local company or a
regional/national company familiar w/ your local area.

Try the Community Associations Institute.  It is a veritable treasure chest of
information on organizing and running coops, condos and Homeowners
Associations.  They have referrals for everything, info on regulations ...
everything to do w/ "cooperative" living.  Suggest your community have a
membership in this organization.  It can certainly provide you w/ referrals for
companies for reserve studies.  It works through local chapters.

http://www.caionline.org

Another thing you will want to do is understand what goes into a reserve study,
what you should be looking for, what it will tell you and  ... how to interpret
it and use it once you have spent the time and money to get it. There's an
expert in our midst: Sharon Villines.  Suggest you hire her to consult w/ your
community.  An hour or two of her time will shave YEARS off your learning
curve.  She's spent the last 12 years learning how to do reserve studies.
She's on this list but here's her email for those who may not have it:

Sharon Villines <Sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC