Re: 20 years of coho-L
From: R.N. Johnson (cohorandayahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:00:42 -0800 (PST)
I have been on the list now for years, and I have consulted its collective
wisdom on everything from recruitment, to design to work participation to
dealing with residents with serious mental health challenges.  I began lurking
on the list when I was recruiting new members to a forming group, and found it
immensely comforting to find that others had been though and written about
similar challenges.  After move in,  my community sent me to consult the
archives when we had great disagreement on what to do about an issue and no
real idea of how the various ideas might play out.  While the list rarely gave
us a clear answer, it often gave us a sense of how a given policy might play
out in terms of our values, our how it might work our for a group of our size,
or of the unintended consequences of a seemingly innocuous decision.  I am
grateful for Fred's years of work moderating the list, and for all the tidbits
of wisdom, humor and experience that you
 all have contributed.

Randa Johnson
New Brighton Cohousing
Aptos, CA
  • 20 years of coho-L Marty Roberts, February 12 2013
    • Re: 20 years of coho-L R.N. Johnson, February 13 2013