Re: Designing common house
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:06:23 -0800 (PST)
Bob Morrison said:
        >Don't put the laundry room next to a guest room unless you have
really good soundproofing between the rooms, including offset studs.
        >Otherwise, noise will carry from the laundry room to the guest room
and disturb people who are sleeping there. And some people will
        > do laundry while people are trying to sleep in the guest room, no
matter what rules you have on this

I have slept in many common house guest rooms. It is amazing how many of
them are next to, under, or over other rooms that are fairly noisy, like
laundry rooms, game rooms, teen rooms, or workout rooms. While I habitually
sleep with earplugs (years of living with a snorer), it might be something
to think about. The other thing that I have noticed about guest bathrooms is
that many many of their showers have low water pressure and/or take a while
to heat up. I always forget to mention this to folks afterwards. Since
mostly residents don't shower in that bathroom, you probably don't notice
it.

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info