Do you have a non discrimination policy?
From: Bree Kalb (breemindspring.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:09:08 -0800 (PST)
Our community is considering adding a non discrimination clause to our bylaws.
Although I haven’t been very involved in this initiative, I volunteered to
investigate if other cohousing communities have such a clause or statement. If
so, would you be willing to share it with us? We’re also interested in the
lessons learned from the process you went through and what you see as the
challenges/benefits of having one in place.

Here is the draft we are considering. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

PART I
Pacifica strives for a spirit of inclusion among the members of this
community, as evidenced by our four founding principles of community,
diversity, sustainability, and affordability.

Pacifica affirms and promotes the full participation of all persons
without regard to race, color, gender identity, physical or mental
challenge, marital status, citizenship, legal history, affectional or
sexual orientation, age, class, national origin, religious belief or
creed.

PART II
In addition, it is the policy of Pacifica to undertake affirmative
action for minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. Pacifica
commits itself to apply every good faith effort to achieve prompt and
full utilization of minorities, women, and persons with disabilities
in all segments of its contracted labor where underutilization exists.

Bree Kalb
Pacifica Cohousing
Carrboro, NC