Re: Waiting List Maintenance - How is it done? (Richard P)
From: Rodney Elin (hen3ryeasternvillage.org)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 07:06:16 -0800 (PST)
On Wed 20 Feb 13 20 Feb 13 9:4112, Rodney Elin wrote:
On Tue 19 Feb 13 19 Feb 13 10:0102, 111rmp [at] gmail.com wrote:
We are at the stage where we need to maintain a fair and effective waiting
list for the purchase of homes in our community. Yes we are one home short
of fully occupied and there is also a lot of interest including the
potential for people to be competing for homes.

How does your community keep its waiting list?  Is it paper or online?
Automated or do individuals keep track of it "manually"?  Is there a fee to
be on the list?  Do you keep the list by particular unit or just a general
list?

[extraneous text removed]

So instead of a "waiting list," EVC maintains a list of interested
people. Whenever a homes comes available for sale, we announce it to
everyone on our list at the same time.

Please forgive my breach of list etiquette:

~Rodney
Eastern Village Cohousing,
Silver Spring, MD,
where the kids team has just scheduled a Rock Band Concert benefit to help raise awareness and funds to improve the kid's space.