Enough Is Enough
From: Rob Dietz (rob_dietzsteadystate.org)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:24:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Cohousers,

I am a resident of CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis, Oregon, and I'm also the author (with Dan O'Neill) of a new book called /Enough Is Enough: Building a Sustainable Economy in a World of Finite Resources/ <http://steadystate.org/enough-is-enough/>. I live with my family at CoHo for the same reason I wrote the book -- I'm overwhelmed by the profound environmental and social problems we collectively face, and I long for humanity to find a better way to conduct its affairs. The book addresses how we can shift our economy from one that pursues unending growth to one that makes "enough" its organizing principle. Noam Chomsky and dozens of top sustainability thinkers have written wonderful endorsements, and 29 out of 33 reviewers on Amazon.com have given it a 5-star rating.

I believe that cohousing (and the deeper connections that come with community) can play a key role in the coming transition. Here at CoHo, friends and neighbors have rallied around the themes in /Enough Is Enough/ -- it's been a real relief for me to see and feel hope surrounding the plan we've laid out to build an economy that works for both people and the planet.

I hope you'll take a look at the book and help spread the concepts in it. You can find more information at this website:
http://steadystate.org/enough-is-enough/

Thanks and best wishes,
Rob

--