Re: Gossip
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 06:00:06 -0800 (PST)
I think the line has to do with intention. Are you concerned or do you
want to put the people you're discussing down?

One of the hallmarks of an abusive family is inability to talk about
what's going on. The abuser holds the threat of violence over family
members never to talk about what's going on.

Because of this, I've always seen a positive purpose for
well-intentioned gossip. If a situation is healthy, it should be OK to
talk about it. If it's not healthy, then talking leads the way to
finding answers.