Re: Urban cohousing communities -- do you compost?
From: linda moore (itslindamgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:06:17 -0800 (PST)
At Quayside Village Cohousing in North Vancouver (urban!) we have had great
success using a triple-bin composter system (we have two of them).  We
compost all of our kitchen scraps, layer it in with organic chicken manure,
shredded paper, and through regular turning, we create amazing soil after
six months.  With all our recycling efforts, we were able to "dump our
dumpster" several years ago.  And we use the beautiful compost on our urban
veggie beds which are on the boulevard around our building, as well as in
containers on our walkways.  No turning back now!  It's GREAT!
Linda Moore
Quayside Village
North Vancouver
itslindam [at] gmail.com