Re: Gossip
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:21:44 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 26, 2013, at 8:59 AM, Joanie Connors <jvcphd [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Because of this, I've always seen a positive purpose for
> well-intentioned gossip. If a situation is healthy, it should be OK to
> talk about it. If it's not healthy, then talking leads the way to
> finding answers.

I would add to the positive benefits venting. Sometimes there are situations or
people that are not going to change no matter what you personally try to do.
Talking to a sympathetic person who understands this can help lower your
thermostat when nothing else is going to. I can vent and go on.

I have friends who will say, "Okay, I'm just venting here but....." Then it's
over.

I also find it helpful to hear that someone else has the same perceptions or
frustrations or positive feelings I do. I can relax and maybe follow up or not.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca