Anaerobic Compost - Yuck!
From: Zev Paiss (Zevabrahampaiss.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 07:02:40 -0800 (PST)
I have been the compost manager for many years for our 1-acre urban cohousing
community in Boulder, Colorado. Anaerobic digestion is the LAST thing you want
your compost to do if you are attempting to created light, fluffy and nutrient
rich compost. By sealing you compost into a bucket as has been mentioned you
will create methane gas and an extremely putrid mixture I would never want to
turn into my garden.

Oxygen is the key and a well turned compose in a rotating drum will break down
in a matter of weeks and never give off a smell. If there is something I am
missing please enlighten me. Even longtime composters can still learn new
tricks... smile.

Zev Paiss
COO, Abraham Paiss & Associates, Inc.
Providing Marketing Communications for Sustainable Businesses since 1996
zev [at] abrahampaiss.com
(303) 413-8066 • Boulder, CO