recruitment screening and rentals
From: matt lowe (mattwglowegmail.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:42:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there fellow Cohousers,

We're in the process of buiding a cohousing community and developing
policies.  We are stumped on a few things:

1)  When recruiting new members, how best to screen for potential problem
members?  In other words how do we try to identify a person who would be a
problem member and respectfully deny their application?

2)  Some of our members want to build rental suites.  Rentals can reduce
the financial burden on the members and allow them to invite family members
to move in.  On the flip side, rentals use community resources and provide
a financial advantage for only some of the community members.  What do you
recomment here?

Matt, Nelson Land Group