Re: recruitment screening and rentals
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
I agree w/ Sharon on her points. But I would UNDERLINE and highlight that ALL
members, renters, homeowners, extended family members living at home who are
able ... all contribute to the health and well being of the community.

However ... I add this:

If a member owns two homes how many "votes" in the community does the homeowner
get?  At Takoma Village Cohousing in Washington DC we have two levels for
voting.  For social issues each person who is a MEMBER of the community  --
homeowner or not -- has one "vote."  But for financial issues:  1 home 1 vote.
 Even if there are 2 people in the home there is only 1 vote.

If a member owns 2 homes does that give the member an advantage of having 2
votes?  What about owning three homes?

I'm not making a judgment about whether or not this is "fair" because I can
make a great case for either position.  Just pointing out something that might
not be obvious at first.

BTW -- WHERE on the planet are you located?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC