Re: common house kitchen stove
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
Nothing beats a heavy-duty, commercial-type gas stove. Buy from a restaurant supplier and you will pay less for it. It will be stainless steel with extra-heavy cast-iron grates with burners well in excess of 20,000 BTU--I've forgotten exactly the number, but the higher the better. Do, however, check your local building codes for installation. Mine required 8 inches clearance from any combustible material, but you should have stainless steel prep tables or cabinets anyway. Electric is not a tool of serious chefs. Wood stoves are ok, but require great skill and a lot of work to use properly.

WT

----- Original Message ----- From: <donaldtpan [at] netscape.net>