Re: common house kitchen stove
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 16:32:16 -0700 (PDT)
Be cautious as to whether or not what you buy is a "commercial" stove, as this
can kick in expensive and elaborate requirements for fire-suppression systems,
big deal range hoods, etc. to meet insurance and/or building requirements.

We have been happy with our big Dacor gas stove. (which does not count as
commercial). Six burners, and the grates are all flat and flush, so any size
pan can be on it. One front + back burner set can be covered with a dedicated
grill pan, like for pancakes. I'm sensitive to gas smells, but have never
smelled anything from the pilot light.

Notice too, ease of cleaning. Things do spill... A light in the range hood is
useful too.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
13 years using our kitchen