Re: common house kitchen stove
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 19:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 16, 2013, at 7:32 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
wrote:

> Be cautious as to whether or not what you buy is a "commercial" stove, as
> this can kick in expensive and elaborate requirements for fire-suppression
> systems, big deal range hoods, etc. to meet insurance and/or building
> requirements.

Another level is a "professional" model. They look just like the standard
residential stovetops but are built for higher temperatures. Our plastic knobs
have melted on our residential stove top. My professional level has stainless
steel knobs.

When I inquired about stainless steel replacements for the CH stovetop, the
manufacturer said no because if the knobs have melted, we have exceeded the
safe levels for the stove.

And be sure to get a simmer burner so soups can be simmered and left without
worry of burning or boiling over.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines