Re: common house kitchen stove
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 07:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
Why not gas?  Many people think it cooks better and faster, and compared to
electricity's combustion exhausts and inefficiency of transmission losses, is
also kinder to the environment.  Electricity may seem "clean" at your house,
but what happens to make it and get it to your house can be pretty horrific.

I know of several off-the-grid communities that get the electricity they need
from solar or project-specific hydro — but still ship in propane tanks, because
it's the only way they can generate enough heat, fast enough, to cook a meal.

RPD