Re: Health Food safety Cutting Boards Re: colored cutting boards
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
I remember reading a test report in Cook's Illustrated (by "America's Test
Kitchen") that claimed hardwood (maple) cutting boards contained natural
antiseptics that made them at least as germ free as the synthetic (plastic)
boards.  In any event, I've been using oak, maple and bamboo cutting boards for
decades, with nary an instance of food poisoning.  For better or worse, I do
not obsess over cleaning these boards; I just scrub and rinse them.

RPD