Re: Per Household or per person?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 20:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
At 11:12 PM 3/18/2013, you wrote:
We are Panama Cohousing Village, in the formation stage in Panama. One of our member is single and is objecting strenuously to paying "twice as much" as those of us in coupled relationships for our expenses relating to marketing for new members. Can you share with us what costs you assess per household, and what costs you asses per person?
John Leet
jwleet [at] aol.com,  www.panamacohousingvillage.com

A portion of our HOA dues is a fixed amount that is the same for all 33 households, to cover the expenses that we consider truly essential, and the rest is a voluntary self-assessment in an amount determined by each household that covers all our non-essential (but highly desired and appreciated) amenities.

One of the factors a household might use to determine their self-assessment amount is number of individuals in the household, but the fixed amount is determined by adding up all the agreed-to-be-essential costs and dividing by 33. If we considered marketing to be an essential expense, its agreed-upon cost would be equally shared by all households.

   Muriel
Shadowlake Village Cohousing, Blacksburg, VA