cohousing in semi-rural Minnesota near cities
From: Amy taylor (pookatwohotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hello to everyone,
My partner and I are care-taking a 50 acre wooded property with a large house
already built on it that I am looking to start a community on. We are just
beginning to take stock of our options for the future and it looks like a
cohousing situation would be a good fit, as well as an exciting adventure! We
are located so close to the city that it would be possible for members to
commute daily, perhaps carpool? In addition, a there is a mid-sized,
progressive college town nearby with interesting arts and music happenings
year-round. We seem to have a theme of arts and music here, as well as
gardening and hospitality, and a creative, experimental attitude. I'm finding
the listserve posts here interesting and mostly encouraging!
Right now we are starting very small, and have some rooms available to rent,
the price being negotiable as we are willing to barter(there are lots of chores
and projects to do!). I hope to make space for, and possibly build some small
cabins this summer that could eventually become year-round living spaces. It
would be a great spot for anyone looking to live close to nature, pursuing an
art or craft, wildcrafting, gardening, etc. I am hoping to host workshops on
such things for the local communities, so there would be an opportunity for
income through teaching as well.
Please look us up on facebook! If you like the page you can keep updated on
what we do and events we'll be hosting. Or feel free to contact me through this
listserve email.
Thanks everyone and have a good day!
Amy Taylor
Windfall Art Farm