Care facilities in cohousing
From: Judy Hecht (judheeyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
I live at CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis, Oregon where we recently began a
conversation about what we want to do to make things work for us in cohousing
as we age and may need more help. One idea that was brought up is around
converting one of our
accessible units into a situation where a few adults needing care could
live and share a caregiver. We're wanting to explore the option to see if it's
viable. I'm wondering if any cohousers have tried this?

I would also like to hear from folks who have formed senior clubs in cohousing
or worked out arrangements to take on tasks for someone who is needing more
help. We already know we can always ask our neighbors for help (ah cohousing!),
but has anyone formalized it or sketched it out more?

Jude Hecht
CoHo Ecovillage