Re: Home Equity/Mortgage Loan Denial-Need Resolution
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 04:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 12, 2013, at 10:33 AM, Bill Cunninghame <bevepdx [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm formulating a letter to the credit union CEO, not to
> complain (though I want to!) but to invite him and his lending management
> to a private open house so we can educate them about cohousing.

No bank or credit union finances "community." They finance property -- tangible
assets. Do not do any presentations about potlucks and child care. They do not
finance these.

Only talk about the property you own and what that is worth as collateral.

Talking about "cohousing" is like going in and telling them you want them to
give you a mortgage because you like to dress up in clown costumes and give
dinner parties. They only want to see the deed. All the other stuff is your
private business.

Don't confuse apples with oranges and then expect to get a contract to make
grapefruit juice.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines