Re: a question about insurance
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 05:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 17, 2013, at 11:30 PM, "Shari Hirst" <sharihirst13 [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> At Sand River Cohousing we are discussing how we and workmen are protected
> when they are hired by the HOA to do community work.

Check with your insurance agent. Laws vary.

We were told the one time policy was expensive and not worth the cost. Hiring
day laborers, for example, was not a good practice. We only hire people who
have their own insurance and request copies of their certificates before we
hire them -- this is standard practice so the insurance companies provide them
routinely.

We have insurance that covers volunteers so we and any guests or other helpers
are covered.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines