Re: Reducing parking spaces
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 04:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Doug!

If you were anywhere except Bloomington I would say:  check w/ your planning
department before you even consider this course of action.

But ... Bloomington is a leader is innovative city planning including funding
an apartment building strictly for people who bicycle.  (People can own a car
but it has to be parked far, far away as in:  not convenient to use.)

So ... given it's Bloomington ... would suggest using a carrot instead of a
stick.  (People always respond to veggies better than inorganic materials.)

How about households w/ no parking place get an early slot in choosing a home
site?  Something like that.

BTW,  is Janet Greenblatt connected w/ your forming group?  If so ... tell her
I said "hi!"

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing