Re: Reducing parking spaces
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
Another consideration is that your members may acquire room-mates or renters, some of whom at least will want a parking space. There are way more renters/flatmates living here than we expected during our planning phase. Almost all of them have a car, even if they choose to ride a bike for many of their trips, and those cars need a parking space.

We have sufficient parking for our residents because it was a requirement of our zoning permit (one car per bedroom IIRC), though many of our founding members were certain we wouldn't need all those spaces. The main parking problem I'm aware of is accommodating large-scale guest parking when someone throws a big party or event in the CH. Also, we could really use a handicapped parking space near the front of the CH, but this has been stymied by the terrain and site design.

   Muriel
   Shadowlake Village Cohousing
   Blacksburg, VA