Re: Anyone using CAI publications for their HOA?
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Diana,

Here at Jackson Place Cohousing, in Seattle, Washington, we have found some
of the CAI publications and workshops of help in understanding some of the
legal issues, reserve studies, etc.  for homeowners associations. Over the
years one or more members has subscribed to CAI membership,  and put their
magazine in our common house library, and the subscription or subscriptions
have made it possible for two or more JPC interested members to attend
workshops and report back to our operations and finance teams. However,
since all homeowners here are the board, and since we make our decisions by
consensus at monthly community meetings, we have not found their
publications or workshops on homeowners associations governance of any real
value. They generally appeal to professional managers and often take for
granted an ongoing conflict between the homeowners association board and
management and the homeowners. As a cohousing community, we don't have that
division in our community.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan