Re: Communes and Survivalists
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 05:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
I think the goal of such laws isn't so that they can be proactively
enforced but so that there's a "cause" by which authorities can shut down
such a situation when they find one.

The two situations where I've heard about them being used are in "crack
houses" and in immigration situations. :-/.

In upscale suburban communities the idea is to keep home values up by
keeping single family homes as "single family". Don't know if they ever
enforce it though!