Re: Communes and Survivalists
From: melanie griffin (melgrifgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 06:53:59 -0700 (PDT)
They tried in New Jersey in the case of a substance abuse halfway house in
upscale Cherry Hill. The courts found that since recovering people have a
disability, the zoning restricting use to family units violated the federal
fair housing laws. In other cases, the courts in NJ have found the towns'
definitions of "family" to be vague and so to permit an arbitrary and
capricious exercise of enforcement powers. Other states almost certainly
have other rules.
Melanie