Re: constuctive communication
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
What an excellent summary of what works -- some of the best of several systems.

What could I add? Maybe not part of this description, but a bit I've found
useful in parsing out complicated emotion-laden discussions of issues. In a
Compassionate Communication workshop we separated out Facts, Feelings and
Values. Someone told a story about a problem they were facing, say with a nosy,
noisy neighbor. Three listeners were charged with listening for, noting, and
reporting back on each aspect. So Facts might be things like She looks in my
mailbox, reads things lying on my desk, plays her radio loudly at 6am; Feelings
could include anger, confusion, etc. Values could be privacy, quiet rest. I've
used this a few times in working out notes on fraught cohousing discussions of
some topic.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where it's in the 60s and sunny, breezy