Re: Looking to Rent, Rent to buy, or Owner Financing to Make a Dream come true!
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 07:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 7, 2013, at 10:18 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> converting regular condo buildings to cohousing. Forming a group within an
> already existing building. Small condos and floors of big condos have
> developed the same friendships and supports that cohousing has. It has just
> taken longer because it wasn't intentional.

By "converting" I don't mean doing structural or governance changes. I mean
just moving in and starting to invite people in for coffee or pot lucks.
Forming a babysitting coop. Even encouraging households with children to move
in which many condos do not do. How many playgrounds do you see in condo
developments? They are usually limited to a pool with no shallow end of less
than 3-4 feet deep.

In time, you could collectively buy an apartment to form a common space,
playroom, and a rentable guest room. Many condos now have "party rooms" that
can be used for gatherings.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere." Albert
Einstein