Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 115, Issue 6
From: MJWB (mjwyoginiyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:04:32 -0700 (PDT)
The point is, Sharon, that there SHOULDN'T be such a disparity between people
who have
and who have not. We shouldn't have to deal with a 1% at all; everyone should
be on a more level
playing field. Why should some people send their kids to a private school,
whereas others have to contend
with public education? All schools should be at a good and level and maybe if
there were not these
hotsy totsy private schools full of so many elitist (and frequently spoiled
children) then there would be
more than enough to go around.
What I think is that those of the 1% wherever they are are used to getting
their own way, and they think
that because they have money, it entitles them to more than someone else, or
everyone else. I think
that I've never seen a more superficial and phony bunch than these
elitists...don't give them what they want
when they want, then they turn into overgrown spoiled children.

We don't need this in Cohousing.  People who want "expensive amenities should
have their own isolated
house and not be in Cohousing. If there can't be a level playing field in
Cohousing, then were can it be? Then
people are barking up the wrong tree.

And I don't agree that diversity  is embraced by the more highly educated and
wealthy. With most of us, it
just happens. It all depends on the person and how they conduct themselves.
People who behave with "High airs"
are not trusted by those of lower socioeconomic status because they shouldn't
be trusted. Anyone who wants to exclude
the lower classes is just doing what has always been done by despots.

You'd do well to listen to John Trudell. He knows whats happening, and has for
a long long time. You've probably
never heard of him. How about Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn Vandana Shiva...to
name a few.

A wonderful quote I received today is this, that says it all:

"You never change things by fighting against the
existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the
existing
model obsolete." - Buckminster Fuller

That's what needs to happen I think. Build a new model.