Rentals in Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 19:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 7, 2013, at 7:16 PM, Kathryn McCamant <kmccamant [at]
cohousingpartners.com> wrote:

> Mortgage regulators (Fannie Mae and FHA)have strict restrictions on how
> many rentals a community can have. The actual percentage moves around, but
> the general recommendation I am hearing from various sources is keeping
> the total number of rentals to 30% or less will help your community be
> sure that you can get the most competitive mortgage financing rates.

Our banks are saying 10% but I'm not sure that includes units that were
intended to be rented. Only those with absent landlords or people who can't
sell their units. They are worried about the quality of the management and the
stability of financing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines