Re: Thoughts
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 8, 2013, at 11:38 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> \We're all in a lot of trouble:  Grossly unequal distribution of wealth and
> income, partly because the oligarchs have captured Washington, while most
> voters are watching reality TV shows.

I love your post Phil. Definitely a good description of life today.

And as a resident of Washington DC, I would like to ask that all the states
take back their oligarchs instead of sending them to Washington and expecting
us to take care of them. We are overrun with all the products of your
capitalistic election processes. Washington would be a better place if you all
just stopped voting on who should move here next.

> But I am inclined to agree that cohousing can easily turn insular, isolating
> itself from the affairs of its neighbors, and the interests of the larger
> community.

On the other hand, think about what would happen if everyone minded their own
communities instead of waging war on others. Tended to their neighbors without
criticizing "those people" across town or around the world.

To be even more insular, if I could just not hurt anyone's feelings today, it
would be a good day. Even that seems impossible.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"Reality is something you rise above." Liza Minnelli