Re: Moving, affordability, outreach
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
Also don't let your website get stale.  Especially while you are in the
forming stage, it is easy for new visitors to wonder if you are for real:
if your project is actually making progress, or just a pipe dream of one or
two overly optimistic idealists.  A website with out of date information
says "defunct pipe dream" really loudly.  If you really can't keep up with
a "upcoming events" or " recent news" page on the site, then don't have one
at all.  A "news" page where the last event was 18 months ago sends
interested folks browsing to the next site right quick.

Oh here's another thing we've had luck with...having an active "interest"
mailing list, to which we send periodic newsletters. (Infrequent...don't be
spammers.)  we have had lots of folks come looking to buy who said "I've
been on your interest list for ages, and I'm finally at a point in life to
consider doing this."  It periodically reminds them that you are making
progress...and give folks an "artifact" to forward to interested friends
and associates.