Re: John Trudell and why not park models?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
HI Racheli!  How nice to hear from you!  How are things at Sonora these days?
(Sonora, right? My aging brain sometimes gets confused ...)

Sorry to disagree with you, however  ...  even in Mother Nature there are no
free lunches.

And that's true in every society no matter how civilized or not.  Every
decision you make kills off something else.  That's the root of the word
"decide" -- to kill off.  No free lunches.

Rather than debate how society SHOULD be I'd rather look at the opportunities
for taking advantage of what is available and go for that.  As a number of
people have pointed out ... there are many opportunities for creating
cohousing.  Go for one that fits your goals and vision.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC