Moving, Affordability, Outreach
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 05:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
Following on to Sharon Villine's remarks about how not easy it is to develop a
community, here's the update from Three Groves Cohousing in SE PA, which has to
the best of my uninvolved knowledge, been in pursuit of their dream community
for at least the past four years and has yet to put a shovel into the ground,
but I heartedly applaud their efforts to plan, design and develop a community
that fits within their budgets and aspirations:

"Last night London Grove Township's Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to
give final approval to Three Groves Ecovillage's plan!  That decision clears
the path for TGE to break ground this autumn, as early as November!  After the
last vote had been cast, the six future residents in the audience stood in
applause while Supervisors smiled, nodded and noted their pleasure that such a
leading-edge project was about to break ground in their community.

On Monday, London Grove Township's Municipal Authority had given their approval
of TGE's water and sewer plan, after many months of review.  That had been the
last hurdle before the Board of Supervisors could consider our application, as
the township's Planning Commission had given TGE their approval in April. Last
night, the Supervisors asked a few questions of Alyson Zarro, Michelle Adams
and Jackie O'Neil -- representing our law firm, engineering firm and
development teams.

TGE owes a huge round of gratitude to our entire professional team being led by
Sandy Wiggins and Jackie O'Neil (Aye Partners), including the many dedicated
professionals from:
Re:Vision ArchitectureMeliora Environmental Design, LLC - Civil
EngineeringJonathan Alderson - Landscape ArchitectsRiley, Riper, Holin &
Colagreco - Attorneys at LawMargot Mohr Teetor, Re/Max Town and Country, West
Chester, PAThey have all repeatedly demonstrated their passion for our project
by going far above and beyond what is typically expected of a development and
design team as we have persevered through the many challenges of such an
unusual and cutting-edge project. "

I am sure they are open to embracing new members.

Tom Lofft
Director
Mid Atlantic Cohousing