Re: Affordable / rental cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 07:01:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:50 AM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> Right now, I believe we have three homes being rented.  BUT ... let me tell
> you the monthly RENT on these homes is NOT cheap in our area.  One 3 BR home
> is renting for $2600.00 or $2700.00 a month.  A 2 BR is renting for $2400.00.
>  Most of this is because of where we are located geographically.

This is both being in DC (which has a cost of living 45% higher than the
national average), in a desirable "politically correct" liberal neighborhood,
and 2 blocks from the Metro. (Ann shaves that to 1.5 blocks. In DC with all our
six way intersections, it's a hard call.)

We have a large neighborhood list and people moving to town ask about rentals
in this neighborhood frequently. They actually check the voting history and
find the bluest neighborhoods.

Most, however, want a house or something under $1,000, which is pretty
impossible.

Housing is just hard. Very expensive.

Sharon
----