Re: Affordable/rental cohousing
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 19:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
Fred, thanks for restartign the conversation. I especially liked your last
comment, "I often recommend that people exploring a community stay in the guest
rooms to experience the community around the clock." Everyone's cohousing
dream needs a little grounding in reality.

I will add that RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend, Washington made two
(of 24) homes affordable by making smaller lots available to Habitat for
Humanity, which built two homes. RoseWind also has at least a couple
rentals available in homes that had small apartments built in.

Jerry McIntire
stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com