Re: Recovery of solar tax credits by homeowners' association
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David:

At New View (Acton MA) we have 52 panels on our common house roof. The
federal and state credits were distributed to all households. The capital
outlay  was done by a combination of loans from households & the reserve
fund. All lenders are being paid back from our operating account (plus
interest). We are funding the loan paybacks by  keeping the same electric
budget as we used  to, and all the savings (and the SREC payments) are
going to pay back loans. This is year 5, and we will be completing the
payback of loans to households this year. The payback to the reserve fund
will take a few more years, and we are going to stretch that out, and share
the joy of the savings more widely, by reducing our electric budget by a
lot.

The net meter is running backward year over year - hooray. 50 Megawatt
hours and counting of production:
http://www.solrenview.com/SolrenView/mainFr.php?siteId=24

And then there's the 8 individual household systems...write me if you want
to know more about those.

-Jim

Jim Snyder-Grant
Home: 978 266-9409