solar tax credit structures
From: Jerome Garciano (jgarcianooutlook.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 06:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
I've worked with a neighborhood association in Rhode Island to help create
a neighborhood solar program by forming a separate LLC and leasing the
solar equipment to individual owners.  That probably was a unique situation
because the federal cash grant was still around and they were able to
access some state money, but it may be instructive for larger solar
projects.  My sense is most cohousing solar projects are smaller scale and
it would probably make sense just to go with a third-party solar provider
that could deal with the tax credits and SRECs.

If anyone is interested in receiving a PDF outline describing tax
incentives for solar and other renewable energy by state, email or contact
me at the address below.

jgarciano [at] kleinhornig.com

Jerome Garciano

*Klein Hornig** **LLP*

*JEROME L. GARCIANO * |  101 Arch Street, Suite 1101  |  Boston MA 02110

*D* 617 224 0623  |  *F* 617 224 0601  |  *www.kleinhornig.com*