Re: Question about "dining clubs"
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
Perhaps this is a question of architecture then.  Our common house consists
of easily divisible spaces.  The living room, dining room, kids' room and
multipurpose room all have doors that can be closed without impinging on
access to any other space in the common house.  So my bestie dinner doesn't
interfere with your quilting bee in the living room.  I do think I'd feel
very differently about private gatherings if I had to walk right through
them to get to the gym!

(And I'm glad we chose to make our CH contain many closeable spaces!)

So perhaps this should come back to the original post: is part of the issue
that the "dining clubs" are happening in a place that makes it
uncomfortable or un feasible for those not included to use the CH at all?