Re: dining clubs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 18:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 14, 2013, at 8:56 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
wrote:

> We also have Personal Socials (such as birthday parties, cast parties, family
> reunions) which are by invitation and may include some RW folks and sometimes
> only the sponsoring member.

We also have these. Usually other people who know the group are welcome to
attend. We have birthday parties designed only for 3-5 year olds. Or are for
the child's class at school but one or two children from the community the same
age are invited.

Associations and groups meet here and we are welcome to attend, even their
holiday parties, which are often quite nice.

> The times we've had events that were all members, but not whole community
> events, were like the no-alcohol dinners another post-er mentioned. A bunch
> of members were into a very specific diet, according to a certain book, and
> they gathered for such meals. I guess anyone who wanted to follow that
> constraint was welcome to join their potluck, but nobody else wanted to eat
> that way.

We have these too. A Dinner at Eight group that is for adults. There has been
discussion of an Atkins Diet dinner since most CH dinners have no meat. But
these groups are open to anyone who wants to participate in the theme of the
event.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC
"We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities." Walt Kelly

  • Re: dining clubs Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah, September 14 2013
    • Re: dining clubs Sharon Villines, September 14 2013