Aging in (cohousing) Community - has your community taken this topic on?
From: Dyan Wiley (dyanwiley21gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:49:15 -0700 (PDT)
[Thanks to Rick Keller for pointing out a confusion in my previous post that
"eldering" means something different than I met.  Hence this re-post.]

I'm curious if any communities have taken on discussions and even created new
value statements/policies/practices to address aging in place - especially in
terms of social connections and support. Physical accessibility is much easier
to address compared to the more nebulous question of how we support and involve
our aging members compared with the attention we give to support children and
parents in cohousing.  The latter seems to be much more prevalent as I look at
the websites of many communities.  Very little is mentioned about explicit
support and encouragement for older members.

Your experience(s) will be shared at the Northeast Cohousing Conference in
Cambridge at the end of the month.  Feel free to contact me directly or share
on this listserv.
Thanks,
Dyan Wiley
Pioneer Valley Cohousing (Amherst MA)