Re: Question about "dining clubs"
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 08:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
It seems to me many times that you all are inventing the next wheel. As our
society has moved away from the village model, we have lost touch with each
other, and we have lost community. How our world is suffering for those
losses!

Community is the only thing that will help our world recover from these
dark times. All of the struggles you are talking about are the work of
community, how to balance individuals, families, friends and the community
we live in with the greater community outside?

You need a repertoire of solutions, rules, guidelines, compromises to make
it all work, as nothing works for everyone or at every time a problem comes
up. Thank you all for your diligent work and experimentation!

My two cents - it's always important to strive for the common good in
balance with the needs of individuals and families. If the common good is
suffering, then perhaps households are not remembering that they need to
contribute (sacrifice) in order to keep the whole healthy.

For example, perhaps in the original situation, some of the groups could
meet together on alternate weeks or months in order to have more community
time. The schedule of meals that Jennifer was talking about would
definitely neglect community needs.

Thanks all,
Joanie Connors
still forming community in Silver City, NM